Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Losing and losing

Weight. My Mind. Not necessarily in that order. I promised the dep that I would take a week off of "weight bearing" training. My plantar fascitis is almost completely pain free. I hesitate to say gone for fear it will return but it's 95% of normal I'd say. Yesterday was a gorgeous day here. 72 degrees. How could I stay inside? I just COULD NOT. So I opted for a walk, which of course became a jog, which naturally turned into run. A little teeny tiny one but still. Running no less. I just HATE not running. It makes me just feel like a total blob. YUCK. So I did it. Against my better judgement. But only two miles and NO PAIN! And my plan was just to neglect to mention it to the dep when he got home. You know, not lie, just not bring it up ;) Little stinker. He knows me too well. He wasn't home 5 minutes before he said "TELL ME you didn't run today."

Me: I didn't run today (whisper... much)
Dep: You DID NOT RUN TODAY.
Me: No. I did not run (very much).
Dep; You said you wouldn't run and you did. You broke your promise
Me: EXCUSE EXCUSE EXCUSE (it was sunny. It didn't hurt. I walked more than ran I promise)
Dep: You are a retard.
Me: I know you are but what am I.
Dep: Fine you ran. You choose dinner. If you break your other leg I'm going to laugh at you.

Anyway that was the extent of it. I told him I wouldn't push it. He shook his head disapprovingly and we moved on. Today I'm going to swim and lift, not because my foot hurts, but because I feel guilty.

On the scale front.. you know. I'm up. I'm down. I want to lose 10 more. I don't give a flying fetch what I weigh. I'm weight bipolar. But I'm at 142 today. Last week I was 144 ish so I'm inching off some pounds without point counting or strict calorie guidelines. I'm pretty resolved to shoot for about 135 or so which would put my body fat somewhere in the vicinity of 20% I think. But I'm in no rush to get there at this point. My big beef is with my stomach and I'm doing lots of ab work so there is plenty of muscle there, just also plenty of fat to cover it.

0 comments: